PROGGY BEETS SMOOTHIE
WHY THIS MADE THE CUT
What's up with name Proggy Beets? Well "proggy" is short for "progressive." Our love for progressive house music and forward-thinking runs deep. And "Beets?" Well, it's a play-on "beats" and also the main ingredient in this amazing smoothie – golden beets.
When we're looking to change it up from our standard Green Velvet smoothie, this is our go-to. Loaded with beta carotene and hella nutrients, this anti-inflammatory, gut-healing smoothie is the shit! Don't slip on this plant-based gem. Give it a go and you can thank us later.
- Golden beets (2 chopped)
- Carrot (1 large chopped)
- Banana (1 1/2 peeled, sliced and preferably frozen)
- Mandarin or clementine oranges (4 or 6 peeled)
- Lemons (2 juiced)
- Turmeric root (3-4 peeled nubs, or 1/2 tbsp of powder)
- Cold water (2-3 cups)
- Hemp seeds (topping)
- Chia seeds
- Coconut oil (very small dollop)
To be efficient we suggest making a large batch on Sundays and Thursdays, and then storing it in a glass container in your fridge. It will last 3-4 days. You'll save a bunch of time by not having to cut fresh produce every morning.
- Cut fruits and veggies and add to blender. We highly suggest investing in a Vitamix or BlendTec. It will change your life.
- Add desired amount of water. We like our smoothie to be very juicy, so we add a lot of water.
- Blend and pour! It always tastes better after it's been refrigerated. So plan in advance! Make it on Sunday night all you have to do on Monday morning is pour.
PLANT60 APPROVED RECIPES
We love this Immune Booster Orange Smoothie by Minimalist Baker. I bet you didn't know that sweet potatoes go great in a morning shake. Well, now you know. Find out more details on this dope recipe below.