WHY THIS MADE THE CUT
The quinoa bowl is as versatile as the burrito and just as simple to make. There's also an endless variety of flavor combos you can top this blank canvas with to easily add some variety to your diet. This basic roasted veggie recipe is a good foundation to build off of. But feel free to freestyle! This dish is an open book.
- Base (Quinoa)
- Veggies (see below for options)
- Protein (see below for options)
- Sauce (Curry, Soy, Teriyaki, BBQ or Peanut Sauce, etc)
- Hemp Seeds
- Sweet Potato
- Brussel sprouts
- Cook veggies - Chop up the veggies and spread them out on a baking sheet. Generously oil and season then put into the oven until soft. You could also pan fry the veggies with some light oil. Don't overcook them!
- Cook quinoa - Cook the quinoa per the directions on the package.
- Assemble - Scoop some quinoa into a bowl and top with all those delicious roasted veggies and sauce of choice.
PLANT60 APPROVED RECIPES
Looking for more ideas when it comes to quinoa bowls? You can't go wrong with this Protein-Packed Buddha Bowl from Tasty.
Peep this curried coconut quinoa bowl recipe from Cookie & Kate. The rich coconut cream adds a lot of savory goodness.