Protein Bar is one of our go-tos when we're looking for a quick, healthy bite in Chicago, Denver or DC. Their menu is easily customizable and setup to be very friendly to plant-eaters, with all the options clearly marked. Definitely put Protein Bar in your plant arsenal if you haven't already.
Here's some high-level suggestions on how to enhance your plant-based experience at Protein Bar:
- Protein Bar is very friendly about accommodating plant-eaters. Most of their salds, wraps and bowls are already fully vegan or easy to modify.
- The menu clearly labels all the plant-based options so ordering here is a stress-free process.
- Don't overlook the juice and smoothie menu. The Avo-Matcha is one of our favorites.
- If you add protein powder to your drink make sure it's not dairy-based whey protein. Most, if not all, of their locations carry plant-based protein powders.
Drinks, Juices and Smoothies:
- Health Nut - Kale, spinach, green apple, banana, organic peanut butter, organic agave nectar and almond milk.
- Hi-5 - Kale, spinach, cilantro and pineapple blended with crushed ice
- Wrigley Peeled - Chocolate protein, organic peanut butter, almond milk, banana and organic agave nectar
- Pier-Nut Butter and Jelly - Vanilla protein, organic peanut butter, blueberries, almond milk, strawberries and organic agave nectar
- The Red Line - Vanilla protein, almond milk, strawberries and banana
- Avo-Matcha (swap agave nectar for honey) - Vanilla protein, matcha green tea, almond milk, avocado and organic agave nectar
- Fruit Loop'd - Vanilla protein, almond milk, blueberries and banana
- Market - Kale, romaine, spinach, celery, apple, ginger, cucumber, parsley, lemon, and lime.
- Beet Box - Beet, carrot, apple, lemon, and ginger.
- Sweet Greens - Pineapple, apple, spinach, romaine, kale, celery, ginger, cucumber, parsley, lemon, lime.
- Matcha Oatmeal (without the yogurt) - Oatmeal, finely ground matcha powder with acai puree, hemp seed blend, organic agave nectar and almond milk.
- Almost Naked Oatmeal (swap agave nectar for honey) - Oatmeal, banana, organic agave nectar and almond milk.
Wraps, Salads, & Bowls:
- Spicy Korean - Sub tofu or beans for the steak, diced cucumber, radish, spinach, pickled carrots, house-made sweet and spicy Korean sauce.
- Basic Black Bean Bar-itto or Bowl (without cheese) - Basic is better with marinated tofu, black beans and fresh salsa.
- Classic Buffalo (without cheese) - Marinated tofu, celery, carrot and traditional buffalo sauce.
- Veggie Chili - Zucchini, quinoa, carrot, cauliflower, corn, onion, celery, tomato, soy protein and a zesty blend of seasonings.
- Baja Guac Salad or Wrap - Marinated tofu, avocado, fresh grape tomato, carrot and house-made cilantro lime dressing.
- Superfood Salad or Wrap - Roasted organic tofu, hemp seed blend, chickpeas, avocado, carrot and house-made creamy chia dressing.
Hand-picked favorites from the BLOK founders:
- In the smoothie and juice department, we like the Avo-Matcha smoothie and the Sweet Greens juice. Both are delicious and healthy.
- Superfood Salad/Wrap is a good light choice and still filling.
- Veggie Chili is great in the colder months.
- Spicy Korean Bowl - remember to sub tofu or beans for the steak!