NAF NAF GRILL
Naf Naf, which means "Fan the Flame", was first opened in Chicagoland in 2009 by founder Sahar Sander. Besides Illinois, they now also have locations in Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Washington D.C. Definitely one of our favorite plant-based lunch spots on-the-go. They have a simple menu with an open kitchen so you can watch everything being prepared. Think of it as a Middle Eastern version of Chipotle.
Here's some high-level suggestions on how to enhance your plant-based experience at Naf Naf:
- Each location bakes their own pita bread every day. They bake throughout the day and its's amazing fresh out of the oven.
- All of the sauces are plant-based except the garlic sauce (which has eggs).
- Their have a real solid plant-based lentil soup.
- If you're really hungry try getting a Couscous or Hummus Bowl with literally everything. Hummus, baba ghanoush, chopped salad, purple cabbage, onions, pickles and all the plant-based sauces.
Here's your options from top to bottom:
- Falafel Sandwich - pita, falafel, hummus, choice of garnishes and sauces.
- Hummus Bowl - hummus, falafel, choice of garnishes and sauces, pita.
- Basmati Rice Bowl - basmati rice, falafel, choice of garnishes and sauces, pita.
- Couscous Bowl - couscous, falafel, choice of garnishes and sauces, pita
- Salad Bowl - romaine lettuce, falafel, choice of garnishes and sauces, pita.
- Veggie Feast - combo bowl of hummus, baba ghanoush, 4 falafel, chopped salad, purple cabbage, choice of garnishes and sauces.
Hand-picked favorites from the BLOK founders:
- We obviously love the Veggie Feast bowl. Cheap, healthy and delicious.
- Hummus Bowl with falafel - hella protein and super nutritious.