VEGAN STIR FRY
WHY THIS MADE THE CUT
Besides being extremely nutritious (it’s a bowl of veggies after all) we love stir-fries because they’re quick and easy. We like to keep a collection of chopped veggies in the freezer for quick last-minute meals. We’re confident that even people with little to no culinary experience can pull this off.
- Teriyaki sauce (or soy sauce)
- Base (noodles, rice or quinoa)
- Tofu (or tempeh)
- Sweet potatoes
- Baby corn cobs
- Seeds (sesame, pepitas)
- Nuts (peanuts, walnuts, cashews)
- Cauliflower rice (as a base, one of our favorites)
Every plant-eater should keep the stir-fry in their toolbox. With a little forethought (chop veggies ahead of time) this meal takes less than 10 minutes to assemble.
- Cook base - Follow the instructions for your favorite base.
- Cook veggies - Heat up a frying pan with a little oil then add the veggies. Add the harder veggies first to allow more time to cook
- Add sauce - Add teriyaki (or soy) sauce to taste.
- Combine - Some people like their veggies poured over the base, others prefer to combine in the pan before serving. There’s no wrong way.
PLANT60 APPROVED RECIPES
We love this vegan stir fry by The Happy Pear. Ready in under 5 minutes!
This Speedy Veggie Noodle Bowl from Oh She Glows will have you in the plant-based clouds in no time. Don't sleep on it, peep on it.