WHY THIS MADE THE CUT
Breakfast burritos have so much going for them. Nutritious, hearty, the whole nine. We recommend making a large batch and tossing the extras in the freezer—making them super easy to heat up when you're on the go.
- Extra firm tofu (or Vegan Egg Replacer)
- Black salt
- Turmeric (coloring and health benefits for the tofu)
- Mock Meat Crumbles
- Non-dairy cheese
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Hot sauce
- Nutritional Yeast
- Cook veggies - Heat a frying pan with oil of your choice then toss in whatever veggies you've selected.
- Add tofu - Press out the liquid and crumble with your hands or a fork.
- Add black salt to taste - This is where the egg flavor and smell come from.
- Add turmeric - A little goes a long way. Remember goal is only to give the dish some yellow color.
- Add whatever other optional ingredients you like. Avocado and Daiya cheese are our favorites.
- Wrap - Place the tortilla on a piece of aluminum foil and spoon on a portion of the mixture. Make a large batch because they store reheat easily.
PLANT60 APPROVED RECIPES
Looking for a hybrid tofu scramble and breakfast burrito?! Sounds dope, right? Try this recipe video from Brownble.
We love this high protein vegan breakfast burrito from Oh She Glows. Peep it!